Bus Safety Rules
In an effort to ensure a safe and orderly bus ride for each child, the following rules will be enforced. We would appreciate your help in discussing these rules with your child. you may call us if you have questions or concerns. The rules are as follows:
1. All bus riders must obey the bus driver;
2. Fighting or scuffling is not allowed. All bus riders will conduct themselves in a courteous and orderly manner;
3. Profane or other inappropriate language will not be tolerated;
4. Smoking and/or the use of tobacco is not allowed;
5. Bus riders need to remain properly seated at all times. Bus drivers may assign seats if necessary;
6. Keep head, hands, and feet inside the bus;
7. Throwing items, either on the bus or out the window, is not allowed;
8. Tampering with bus equipment or damaging property is not allowed;
9. Bus riders will follow the bus schedule. Be on time;
10. Eating and/or drinking is not allowed.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in disciplinary action being taken. The consequences of breaking bus rules are as follows:
A disciplinary report will be issued by the bus driver. (Please note: This report will be sent home with the child. It must be signed by a parent and returned to school.)
Student/Bus Driver/Principal Conference.
2nd Offense:*In addition to the above actions, a three-day suspension from bus riding privileges will be assigned.
3rd Offense:*In addition to the actions listed under 1st offense, a ten-day suspension from bus riding privileges will be assigned.
4th Offense:*In addition to the actions listed under 1st offense, the student may be suspended from bus riding privileges for the remainder of the year.