See School Board Policy (JED) for more information.
The criteria set forth by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is that 90% of students will be in attendance 90% of the time. Students receive the best instruction and education when they are here more than 90% of the time.
1. It is school policy that children may not attend school unless they are enrolled.
2. Children must be free of fever for at least 24 hours before returning to school. **unless otherwise directed by the School Nurse.
3. No otherwise qualified individual with handicaps in the United States...shall, solely by reason of his/her handicap, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. The location of any meeting or instructional activity will be changed upon request in order to provide accessibility. (See Public School Notice information on district website.)
4. Participation in field trips and/or special events may be based upon attendance.
5. All students are required to bring in a signed note from a parent or guardian or doctor when returning from any absence.
6. Bus Suspension does not constitute an excused absence from school.
The tardy bell rings at 7:55 a.m. It is very important for students to be in class and ready to begin learning when the bell rings. Therefore, the following will be utilized in regards to tardies.
6 tardies→ students will meet with the Counselor and create a plan to curb tardies. A contract will be created between school, home and the student.
12 tardies → Wrap-around meeting with school, home and student.