Happy Saturday! This week's update includes fall parties, Care Mobile at CPE, Red Ribbon Week, MHS ACT's, FAFSA reminder, athletic events, and upcoming important dates.
Students will have fall parties on Friday, October 30. Due to the no visitor policy (COVID-19), visitors are not allowed on campus for fall parties. If you wish to help in other ways or have questions, please check with your child's campus or child's teacher for details.
The Cox Care Mobile will be at Central Park on Oct. 28-30th to do visual and hearing screenings.
Red Ribbon Week at MIS and MMS
Each year students at MIS and MMS participate in Red Ribbon Week with a spirit week. The following is a list of how MIS and MMS will celebrate each day of the week.
MIS Dress-up Days
- Tuesday, October 27: Display your sticker, stick to healthy choices (students will get a Red Ribbon sticker).
- Wednesday, October 28: Dress mismatched and show everyone you and drugs DON'T mix.
- Thursday, October 29: Wake up and be drug-free. Wear your pajamas to school for Pajama Day.
- Friday, October 30: Hooked on books, not drugs. Dress like your favorite storybook character.
MMS Dress-up Days
- Tuesday, October 27: Tutu Tuesday - Wear tutus or bright colors! "Drugs are too, too terrible."
- Wednesday, October 28: Twin Day - Wear the same outfit as a friend! "Twinning against drugs."
- Thursday, October 29: Vine/Meme Day - Dress like your favorite vine or meme! "Be an influencer for sobriety."
- Friday, October 30: Orange/Black/Costume Day - Wear your spooky Day costume (no costume masks or face paint allowed). Students may also wear orange and black. "Drugs are spooky."
November 6 is the registration deadline for the December 12 ACT. Students can register for the test at myact.org. If you need help registering or have any questions about the ACT, please contact Mrs. Tinklepaugh.
The 2020 FAFSA is now open. If you have questions, contact Ms. Ruth.
Monett Athletic Events Oct. 26 - 31
Monday, October 26
6:00 pm JV Football @ Seneca
Tuesday, October 27: 4:30 pm JV/V Soccer @ Cassville
5:00 pm Class 4 District 10 Volleyball @ Branson vs. Branson, Admission is $5.00
Thursday, October 29
5:00 pm JV/V Soccer vs. Nixa (Burl Fowler Stadium)
Friday, October 30
2:00 pm Boys Swimming & Diving @ SWMO Championships (Fosters Natatorium)
7:00pm Class 4 District 5 Football (Opponent and Location TBD)
Saturday, October 31
1:00 pm Boys Swimming & Diving @ SWMO Championships (Fosters Natatorium)
MMS does not have athletic events scheduled for Oct. 26-30
10/26: No School
10/27-30: Red Ribbon Week
10/27: CPE Devices are sent home. Parents must complete a short assignment with the student and turn it in electronically.
10/28: MES Report Cards are sent home
10/28-30: Care Mobile at CPE for Vision & Hearing Screenings
Enjoy the long weekend break!
Monett R-1 Schools