Instructor: Tabitha Carroll
The A+ Program Description
The A+ Schools program is a school-improvement initiative established by the Outstanding Schools Act of 1993. It is funded by the State of Missouri and is contingent on the State Legislature appropriations. Monett High School has been designated an A+ school since 1998.
The primary goal of the A+ Schools Program is to ensure that all students who graduate from Missouri high schools are well equipped to pursue advanced education and employment. It is designed to reduce drop out rates, raise academic expectations, provide career paths for all students, and work closely with businesses and higher education leaders to better prepare students for life after high school. Graduates who have maintained A+ eligibility are able to receive scholarship funds for the cost of tuition to any participating Missouri public community college or vocational/technical school and certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
A+ Program Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible students must:
- Have a signed A+ agreement on file prior to high school graduation
- Attend a designated A+ high school for at least three (3) consecutive years prior to high school graduation.
- Graduate from a designated A+ high school with a non-weighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduate with a cumulative 95% ADA (Average Daily Attendance) record.
- Perform and document fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring/mentoring approved by the Monett R-1 School District.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol (citizenship guidelines detailed on the back of agreement).
- Apply for non-payback scholarships by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) during the student’s senior year.
- Register for selective service, if applicable.
- Beginning with the class of 2015, score proficient or advanced on the Algebra 1 End Of Course Exam or a higher-level state exam (i.e. Algebra II EOC).
Tabitha Carroll, A+ Coordinator
Carly Baugh, A+ Secretary
Business: 417.235.5445 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Monett High School
One David Sippy Drive