Driving to school is a privilege. For this privilege the student must show a willingness to comply with all school regulations.
- A Monett High School student parking tag must be hung from the rearview mirror of the student’s vehicle. Students must provide proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license as well as consent to participate in the random drug testing program in order to obtain a parking permit.
- Students are not to be in the parking lot or in their vehicles without first receiving permission from the office.
- Students are never allowed to transport other students during the school day without direct permission from both parties' parents and the office.
- Safe and orderly driving is a must. Any action behind the wheel that could put students or staff in danger will not be tolerated.
- Students are only allowed to park in the lot north of the entrance road. All four tires must be in the space and on the pavement. Students will no longer have assigned parking spaces. However, students MUST park in a numbered space.
- Students are not allowed to park in the faculty parking lot, circle driveway, maintenance area, or any other roadway.
- Student vehicles must remain in the student parking lot for the duration of the day unless special permission is granted by MHS or SRTC administration.
Violation of the above regulations could result in removal of driving privileges, disciplinary action listed in the student responsibility code, and/or report to the Monett Police Department.